"The translucent cover is great! It’s really strong, cool to work under and it’s easier to maintain the children’s
attention as they can’t get distracted by what is happening outside the polytunnel when you are trying to teach!"
Polytunnels for Schools
Many schools and colleges are investing in polytunnels to teach horticulture, self-sufficiency and healthy eating.
Haygrove polytunnels are of the highest quality, and much more suitable for a health and safety conscious environment than greenhouses.
Haygrove Polytunnels offer many benefits over the leading greenhouses and polytunnels on market:
- No pre-site preparation and additional set-up costs (concrete base to lay or trench to dig) you just need a flat, clear area for tunnel
- Construction service can be booked during school holidays or at the weekend if required
- Galvanised Steel (industrial strength) frame means the tunnel is really strong with minimal long term maintenance (e.g. no wood to treat or replace)
- 800cm steel anchoring posts secure tunnel firmly in place. If you wanted to move the tunnel this can be done without additional cost being incurred
- Wide doors give excellent access and are suitable for wheelchairs
- Steep sided design gives plenty of room inside without some of the class bending over
- Potting tables are height adjustable to suit all heights
- Ventilation means the tunnel is relatively cool to work in on hot days
- None of the health and safety issues of using glass or wood and nails
- Light diffusing cover means pupils can work on a hot day inside the tunnel without shadowing or glare
- Haygrove provide a free Potting Table to each school polytunnel (cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer)
- By being a ‘show site’ for parents, etc. your school can earn £50 for each referred garden tunnel purchase
- All prices on our website include VAT which should not be payable for schools, colleges or registered charities